Tuesday, February 19, 2013

The Spits!



When was the last time you heard some straight-up punk fucking rock? I'm not talking about the emo shit I always post on here, or some sort of post-punk sludge-wave blah blah blah whatever. This is The Spits. All their albums sound exactly the same and all the songs on all the albums sound the same. Their lyrical subject matter consists of partying, skating, punk rock, playing in a punk rock band, playing punk rock music at a party, drinking, fighting, sniffing glue, fighting at a party, etc (I've actually only heard The Spits I, II, and V but I've interpolated III and IV using a simple linear regression and I ended up getting a pretty high correlation so I feel comfortable predicting the themes of the missing albums). In my research for this article I read that they were originally based in Florida, Michigan, Oregon, Washington (state) and I think even Kansas. 









No comments:

Post a Comment