Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pile



I really can't decide if I think this is an awesome band name or a horrible band name. Oh well whatever. I've been listening to this basically non-stop for the last two weeks. I can honestly say that if you're anything like me, and you like the same music I like, you will like this band. I originally thought that his voice originally sounded like a sort of rip-off Eddie Vedder 90's alt-rock thing but now I've decided he actually sounds like good, drunk Isaac Brock which is way more awesome. They have lots of great Built to Spill guitar parts and they meld it together with great Pavement-sounding detuned guitar tone. The best thing is that they have three solid full lengths + some other stuff on their Bandcamp so there's lots of cool stuff to go through. I think Dripping is probably their best album but Jerk Routine and Magic Isn't Real also have some great tracks. They sometimes fall into some of that weird country-influenced singing thing that I feel is popular nowadays but it's pretty tasteful and not that distracting. I would recommend this to almost anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment