Saturday, June 8, 2013

Foods that I like

Max requested a list of foods that I like. I'm not sure where he's going with that, since I like almost everything. I think he just wants to me to make a list so that he can ask about food that is not on the list, thus demonstrating that he knows me better than I know myself. He's an asshole, alright, but he's my kind of asshole. I say this because that is exactly the kind of asshole I was when he posted a list of foods that he likes. 

Here are some foods that I like. This list is not comprehensive.

Mangoes, all varieties. Yellows are my favorite. 
Watermelon
Pomegranates
Strawberries
Blackberries
Apples. Right now mostly Fujis. I tried a Braeburn and it was mealy as hell. It was so mealy that I didn't even finish eating it at lunch. I took it home and cooked it up in butter and cinnamon and ate it over ice cream. That's about all the use I have for mealy apples, but I would never buy a mealy apple for that purpose. I got some huuuuuuuge Fujis at sprouts last week, and they were awesome. Crisp as the dickens and so, so sweet. Some foods sacrifice flavor in favor of size, but not these babies. They were huge and tasty. I guess there's really not much more to say about an apple beyond how big it was, whether or not it was a shitty mealy apple, and if it was tasty. 
Korean pears, brown pears, brown sand pears. Generic Asian-type pears. 
Pineapple. 
Orange-colored citruses. Grapefruits can fuck off. 
Bull testicles.

So that's the list. It is not comprehensive. Looking at it now I see that it is mostly fruit. I don't know why that happened. 

My heart is not in this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment