Friday, October 28, 2011

Monster Rally


Genre: Hawaiian, Surf, Tropical, Hip Hop, Beats
Sounds like: Madlib at the beach

One of these days I bet somebody will see this thing and leave me a comment and it is going to feel SO GOOD. Until then I'll just keep plugging away. Monster Rally is one of those bands that I put on the stereo when I know there'll be people over that are judging my taste in music (they probably don't even care about the music but in my mind they're judging me). These songs are all really pop-y and easy to listen to without being too in your face. As far as I can tell, most Monster Rally songs are just one or two Hawaiian sounding guitar lines that are sampled and looped into a hip hop beat. They're all short and sweet and to the point. Anyways, you can listen to all their (his?) stuff on their Bandcamp and even download it for free so check it out. I would start with the Crystal Ball or Coral LPs but it's all pretty much the same.

1 comment:

  1. a few of the moments on coral II remind of chillwave, and that frightens and disturbs me

    chillwave is still a thing

    ReplyDelete